Tuesday 10 June 2014

My Motives Makeover: Beauty Tips & Review

















I recently met a lovely make-up artist called Deanne who was kind enough to offer me a makeover using Motives make-up products. I hadn't heard of Motives before, but then again, I am so new to the world of beauty products that I'm not surprised... I'm a complete and utter newbie when it comes to foundations, lipsticks and primers. But thought a makeover would be a great way to start learning!

For those who don't know, the cosmetic line was created by Loren Ridinger, along with La La Anthony. Many of the products are multi-mineral based and contain vitamin C & E. More information about all products, can be found on the Motives website, here.

Deanne was very nice and helpful. When we started, she asked whether I had a particular makeover look in mind. As I was interested in receiving general make-up tips, I told her to just go for it.

I told her that I was starting to breakout in spots, so probably not the best time to have a make-over. She advised me that the body needs to be cared for both inside and out, and recommended green tea to help flush out the toxins in the body and clear my skin. I'm now having 2-3 cups a day, but it's not the best tasting tea, so I add a squirt of 'Sweet Freedom', which is a sweetener made from 100% fruits (it can be found in some Holland and Barrett stores).

Deanne started with a primer to help settle the foundation and make it stay on for longer. She also mentioned that it helps to even out the skin and minimises pores.

I asked Deanne whether she finds using a brush or sponges easier when applying foundation, as I always tend to start with a brush and then even out with a sponge. Deanne advised me that sponges absorb the product, which is why they are more commonly used for correction or removing make-up. So using a brush to apply your make-up is better as it releases the product rather than absorbs it.

Deanne stressed the importance of keeping your make-up equipment clean. I asked her for some tips in cleaning make-up brushes, as I have ruined make-up brushes in the past by incorrectly cleaning them. She advised me that she uses brushes made from natural hair and uses a make-up brush cleanser, which prevents the bristles from going hard once dried. Something that I'm all too familiar with, I'll definitely be purchasing a make-up brush cleanser very soon!!

The thing I struggle with most is doing my eyebrows. I have a tendency to over-pluck them, once I get going it's hard to stop! I find drawing in my eyebrows very difficult, they never match! But Deanne said that she always spends the longest on eyebrows as these are what define the shape of the face and can make or break our look. It is important not to make our eyebrows too thin. She suggests that they should be the same width of an eye shadow brush for example, and no longer than the bridge of nose to the end of our eye lid, otherwise they will look disproportionate.

I absolutely loved my eyes and eyebrows. Deanne used Motives Pressed Eye Shadow on my eyes, which I think really brightens them up and gives them a really stunning shape. I like that my eyebrows aren't too dark either. I was worried when Deanne suggested using a light pink lipstick on me as I'm used to wearing darker colours on my lips, but I feel this colour suits me well as it isn't too loud. My makeover was amazing and I loved the finished look. I loved that it didn't even feel like I was wearing make-up. It was so light compared to other products, which tend to feel heavy on the face. I'm definitely going to purchasing the primer and some eye shadow immediately!

I would like to thank Deanne for the amazing makeover she gave me and for all the beauty tips! I enjoyed my first professional makeover and felt comfortable throughout, Deanne was very friendly and talked me through everything she did. I would highly recommend Deanne and Motives products. A link to Deanne's site can be found below.

LINKS: www.drayebeauty.com

Ri x

No comments:

Post a Comment